By Charles TAYLOR
Read or Download A Secular Age PDF
Similar religious philosophy books
An research of Heidegger’s philosophy of know-how. The Gods and expertise is a cautious and unique examining of the crucial assertion of Martin Heidegger’s philosophy of expertise, the essay Die Frage nach der Technik (“The query referring to technology”). That essay is a wealthy one, and Richard Rojcewicz’s objective is to mine it for the treasures just a shut studying of the unique German textual content can convey out.
"A Day Is 1000 Years" is a different exposition of significant Judaic thoughts regarding the future of the Jewish humans and their interaction with the remainder of mankind, all through historical past and this day. large in scope, it addresses a common viewers. humans versed in Jewish resources will locate the following enlightening new views on normal topics.
Spinoza is likely one of the such a lot debatable and asymmetrical thinkers within the culture and heritage of recent ecu philosophy. because the seventeenth century, his paintings has aroused the various fiercest and so much severe polemics within the self-discipline. From his expulsion from the synagogue and onwards, Spinoza hasn't ever ceased to embrace the secular, heretical and self-loathing Jew.
Again to the tough floor is a philosophical research of functional wisdom, with significant import for pro perform and the moral existence in sleek society. Its function is to explain the type of wisdom that informs strong perform in more than a few disciplines equivalent to schooling, psychotherapy, medication, administration, and legislation.
- Ethics of Compassion: Bridging Ethical Theory and Religious Moral Discourse (Studies in Comparative Philosophy and Religion)
- The Oxford Handbook of the Economics of Religion (Oxford Handbooks)
- Women and Gender in Ancient Religions: Interdisciplinary Approaches (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament)
- Providence and the Problem of Evil
- Christian and Humanist Foundations for Statistical Inference: Religious Control of Statistical Paradigms
- Paul's Summons to Messianic Life: Political Theology and the Coming Awakening (Insurrections: Critical Studies in Religion, Politics, and Culture)
Additional resources for A Secular Age